Social Media Coordinator
The Volunteer Social Media Coordinator will develop and implement a social media strategy to increase overall reach and brand awareness. He/she will use social media outlets to promote active GAF campaigns, engage the public, and increase donations and online presence. The Social Media Coordinator will directly contribute to increasing GAF’s capacity to reach our community and increase awareness of our mission. Furthermore, the Social Media Coordinator will communicate progress on campaigns, activations, events, studies, and more on our social media platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Social Media Coordinator will:
- Identify key online channels for GAF to establish presence
- Develop a social media strategy to support the organization’s campaigns and fundraising activities, and establish targets for increasing online reach
- Develop unique BGC (business generated content) and seed out to social platforms
- Post regular updates to GAF’s social media outlets, including news articles, blog posts, press releases, fundraising appeals, organization updates, goals met, and other promotional items (merchandise)
- Monitor activity and user interactions for all social media outlets
- Adapt general GAF campaign messaging for the different outlet-specific audiences
- Experience using key social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube & more)
- Strong writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to use online tools to engage members, donors, and corporate partners
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and creative
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- The position requires a minimum 6-month commitment for 1-2 days per week for an average of 8-10 hours per week, which can be completed remotely
Benefits and Recognition
This position provides valuable experiences for Communications, Women’s Health & Mental Health Studies, and Non-Profit Management Students; individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the non-profit sector of in the environmental field; and anyone with a passion for protecting a woman’s fundamental right to healthcare.
GAF (Gia Allemand Foundation for PMDD) is a 501c3 non-profit organization advocating for the prevention, treatment, and research of premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD). Our goal is to provide women with the education, support, resources, and tools necessary to live healthy lives, reduce interpersonal conflict, and eliminate self-harm.